Wednesday is the last day to submit photos and information for members of our church family who have passed away within the last year. Our All Saints Day worship services will be held on November 6. Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
This week, we're exploring how to "Express Your Gratitude" based on II Corinthians 8:1-15. The Corinthian Church was a fairly wealthy church, and Paul relied on the Corinthians for support of his missionary ministry. The people here had great capacity to give, but gave well below their means. By contrast, the church in Macedonia was impoverished, and yet their faithfulness allowed them to give more than anyone thought possible. God calls us to that same kind of faithfulness. We are called to be generous givers, not out of obligation, but out of gratitude for the gift of grace that we have been given. Gratitude is not about giving the most, but it is about giving faithfully and trusting in God’s ability to use those gifts for the growth of the kingdom. The church teaches a tithe of 10%, but what about the other 90%? People with very little found it in their hearts to give generously, even above what they were called to give, because they recognized that all of their blessings came from God, not just 10%. The Macedonians gave from the heart, and the Corinthians gave from the leftovers. Which expresses better gratitude to God? Join us at 8:15, 9:30, or 11AM! -Chris