Lifegroup leaders at Mt. Moriah United Methodist Church are men and women entrusted by God with the spiritual welfare of those in their group. In the truest sense of the word they are shepherds of the sheep of God’s pasture. We believe that lifegroup leaders have been entrusted with some of the most significant roles of leadership at Mt. Moriah. Lifegroup leaders are an extension of Mt. Moriah’s pastoral leadership and are the critical and most basic point of spiritual growth and care in the body.
Lifegroup leaders should have the following qualities or characteristics to serve most effectively in their roles:
1. Lifegroup leaders should love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
2. Lifegroup leaders should be willing to submit to the authority of Jesus in every aspect of their lives.
3. Lifegroup leaders should have a good reputation in the church and in the community regarding their character, their business practices, and their relationships.
4. Lifegroup leaders should love the Word of God and be actively seeking to incorporate God’s Word into daily life.
5. Lifegroup leaders should have a love for people, especially the people of God.
6. Lifegroup leaders should have an active prayer life.
7. Lifegroup leaders should be devoted and committed to their lifegroup and present at their group meetings at least 80% of the time.
8. Lifegroup leaders should be in willing submission to the spiritual authority of Mt. Moriah’s pastor and discipleship team, and never knowingly practice or teach anything in their groups that they believe these individuals would not approve.
9. Lifegroup leaders should actively equip and encourage lifegroup members for works of service and outreach.
10. Lifegroup leaders should model a life of disciple-making by cultivating relationships with the unchurched, bearing witness to the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, inviting them to respond to God and helping anyone take the next step of obedience to God.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your leadership at Mt. Moriah, click here to complete a lifegroup leader application.