Helpful Hints for Creating Your “Easy Tithe” Account
To set up your Easy Tithe account, visit our website at http://www.easytithe.com/mtmoriahumc Once at the Easy Tithe log-in page, you will need to create an account by clicking on the ‘First Time?’ box on the left. (You will need to do this only for the first time you visit the page to set up your account.)
Follow These Key Points for Completing Account Information
- Each family member should create his/her own, separate account. Do not enter your first name as ‘Ralph & Sally.’
- Separate accounts allow for registrations, men/women’s ministries, etc.
- Family summaries will be made available for tax purposes.
- Setting up an Easy Tithe account requires creating a password.
- Please create a secure password, which should include 8 or more characters with at least one upper-case character and at least one number.
- ENVELOPE NUMBERS
- If you already use the envelope system for weekly donations, you will note an envelope number on them that identifies you.
- You do NOT have to wait for the envelope number to proceed – you can enter it at a later time! If you are a new donor, Mt. Moriah’s financial secretary will assign a number for your account.
Familiarize Yourself with the Site Layout
- On the left side, you can schedule a one-time or on-going giving, as well as modify your account information.
- In the center, you can enter your debit card or checking information
- We recommend and encourage the use of electronic-funds transfer rather than credit card.
- Mt. Moriah believes and teaches that living “debt free” should be the ultimate goal for all Christians. While online giving allows givers to earn airline miles, please exercise wisdom and caution if using a
credit card for giving.
- Under ‘My Donation’ in the center section, you will see in the drop-down menu ‘4011 – General Fund’
- This is the default giving category for general giving
- Additional items will appear in the drop-down as they are added to the system over time. These might include things like Men’s Retreat, Women’s Bible Study book fees, and more!
- There also is an option in the center section to ‘Save this Card’ once you have input your information.
- Please note that your stored credit card information will be protected with the utmost privacy and security, similar to other online payment systems such as Amazon or PayPal.
- If you do NOT feel comfortable with storing your card information, simply do not check this box.
NOTE: The option to NOT store your fund information is ONLY available with one-time donations!
If you have any questions about Easy Tithe or need clarification on your account set-up, please email finance@MtMoriahUMC.org, and someone will get back with you promptly to help answer your questions.